Schmit Law Firm helps small to mid-size business owners in emerging and innovative industries launch, grow, and protect their businesses and their legacy through comprehensive business planning services.
Helping Entrepreneurs & CEOs
Launch, Grow & Protect Their Legacy
Embrace The Entrepreneurial Edge
Schmit Law Firm is committed to providing more than cutting edge legal representation – we provide business owners with clarity and confidence to make key decisions and establish best practices, as well as ongoing legal and business advice and invaluable connections to our network of professional advisors and resources to grow their business.
As your trusted firm, Schmit Law Firm offers strategic advice during critical phases of business development, spotting unknown risks and hidden opportunities business owners wouldn’t otherwise see on their own. The legal team at Schmit Law Firm not only provides you with the legal know-how, but helps you make critical shifts personally and professionally to enable you to think like an entrepreneur and embrace your growth edge.
Angela Schmit works closely with entrepreneurs and business owners at every stage from formation to growth and development to succession planning. As a graduate of top-ranking Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame, with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Entrepreneurship, and the Founder and Managing Member of Schmit Law Firm, Angela Schmit is not only a business-minded attorney, but a successful entrepreneur in her own right. Angela’s biggest passion is for collaborating with businesses in emerging and innovative industries, with an emphasis in the Coaching & Consulting and Hospitality Technology industries.
Launching Successful Business Ventures by:
- Exploring advantages of various business entities: Sole Proprietorships, General Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, Corporations (C-Corps, S-Corps), and Limited Liability Companies
- Selecting the business entity that best fits your needs and goals
- Drafting Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Organization, Bylaws, Operating Agreements, Partnership Agreements, etc.
- Guiding small business owners through the business formation process
- Working with financial planners, accountants and other professional partners
- Filing annual/biennial reports and updating minutes
Completing the Legal Pieces of the Puzzle by:
- Customizing Client Service Agreements, Website Policies, and Releases/Waivers of Liability
- Preparing Employment Policies and Procedures
- Negotiating Offer Letters, Employment Contracts, Independent Contractor Agreements and Severance Agreements
- Drafting restrictive covenants, including Confidentiality, Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Providing required/voluntary workplace training
- Handling trade name and licensing agreement issues and disputes
- Drafting Buy-sell Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Purchase Agreements
Whether you are a promising entrepreneur or growing a successful company, partnering with a business law attorney who can anticipate your legal needs and handle any challenges you face along the way is wise. Let Schmit Law Firm help you plan and prepare, so that you can perform to your potential. For a complimentary strategy sessions, call us today at (402) 979-6077.