Schmit Law Firm helps individuals, families and small business owners plan for their future, preserve financial security and protect their legacy through comprehensive business planning services. Angela Schmit provides practical advice and works closely with other professional advisors to design, prepare and implement business plans tailored to meet your needs.
Schmit Law Firm represents small businesses throughout Nebraska. Schmit Law Firm offers strategic legal advice tailored to your business needs and goals. The keys to success for any business are its people, processes and products/services. Schmit Law Firm understands these pieces of your business puzzle and will work with you to develop compliant processes and train your people, so that you can focus on your bread and butter to achieve success.
Angela Schmit works closely with entrepreneurs and small business owners at every stage, from formation and growth to succession planning. As a graduate of top-ranking Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame, with an emphasis in Management Entrepreneurship, and the Founder and Managing Member of Schmit Law Firm, Angela Schmit is a business-minded attorney with a passion for collaboration with businesses in a variety of industries. Angela Schmit also teaches Business Law as an adjunct professor at Metropolitan Community College.
Helping entrepreneurs launch small businesses by:
- Exploring advantages of various business entities: Sole Proprietorships, General Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, Corporations (C-Corps, S-Corps), and Limited Liability Companies
- Selecting the business entity that best fits your needs and goals
- Drafting Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Organization, Bylaws, Operating Agreements, Partnership Agreements, etc.
- Guiding small business owners through the business formation process
- Working with financial planners and accountants
- Filing biennial tax reports and updating minutes
Focusing on small business development by:
- Preparing employment policies and procedures
- Negotiating employment contracts and independent contractor agreements
- Reviewing restrictive covenants, including Confidentiality, Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Providing workplace training
- Handling trade name and licensing agreement disputes
- Drafting Buy-sell Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Purchase Agreements
Whether you are a promising entrepreneur or growing a successful company, partnering with a business law attorney who can anticipate your legal needs and handle any challenges you face along the way is wise. Let Schmit Law Firm help you plan and prepare, so that you can perform to your potential. Call us today at (402) 979-6077.