Human Resources / Employment
Schmit Law Firm provides legal counsel and strategic business advice to employers navigating complex employment law issues. We advise small business owners and Human Resource professionals of their rights and obligations to maintain compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Beyond legal compliance, we consult with our clients to establish best practices and strategies that prevent employment disputes and establish a strong legal position in the event a claim should occur. We assist our clients in implementing sound policies and procedures and offer training customized to fit our client’s business needs.
Schmit Law Firm offers a full range of HR Consulting services, including:
- Reviewing and developing Employee Handbooks
- Reviewing and developing employment policies, i.e. sexual harassment policies
- Reviewing human resource procedures, such as hiring and firing
- Conducting internal personnel investigations
- Providing guidance pre- and post- adverse employment action
- Preparing and negotiating employment contracts and separation/severance agreements
- Representing clients before administrative agencies, including the EEOC/NEOC and DOL
- Litigating federal Title VII, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA and state law claims
- Providing workplace training
Whether you are a business owner or Human Resource professional, you will undoubtedly be confronted with employment issues in your workforce. When you have questions and need advice, contact Schmit Law Firm to protect your interests.
CLICK HERE to schedule a consultation with attorney Angela F. Schmit.
Angela F. Schmit is also available to speak to your organization and provide training on a variety of employment-related topics. Please email Angela at email@example.com to reserve a date for your next workshop or event.