Schmit Law Firm is looking for a part-time legal assistant or paralegal. The ideal candidate will provide administrative legal support to an attorney and serve clients in a professional manner under the supervision of an attorney.
– Answer phones and transmit mail.
– Schedule appointments and calendar deadlines.
– Follow the firm’s intake procedures for prospective clients.
– Assist in document management and organize case files.
– Assist in bookkeeping and billing on monthly basis.
– Attend networking events to promote the firm.
– Assist in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
Legal Support Work:
– E-file pleadings and documents with court, administrative agencies, etc.
– Assist in preparation of discovery requests and responses.
– Assist with hearing/trial preparation, including organizing exhibits.
– Perform legal research and writing, including drafting correspondence, pleadings, briefs and affidavits.
– Assist clients and prospective clients, as needed.
All applicants must have positive customer service, great attention to detail, an entrepreneurial drive, excellent verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills, professional appearance and demeanor, team attitude, growth mindset and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
Schmit Law Firm is looking for talented and driven individuals interested in an opportunity to work for a growing firm. Angela Schmit believes the best to way learn is by practical application of knowledge through real-world experience. During the course of the clerkship, law students will participate in legal research and writing projects, case management, preparation of pleadings, client meetings, and may have the opportunity for courtroom observation. This position will also allow students to learn law practice management from administrative support to marketing and everything in between – the business side of running a law firm critical for anyone considering hanging their own shingle someday.
All applicants must have great attention to detail, an entrepreneurial drive, excellent verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills, team attitude, growth mindset and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. A strong desire to learn employment law or family law is required. Must be a current law school student to apply. If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Schmit Law Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status and any other protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.