Schmit Law Firm guides adoptive parents through the joyful, but complex process of opening their home to a new family member and provides birth parents with an understanding of the legal implications of the decision to place a child for adoption. Angela Schmit has experience finalizing stepparent adoptions and international adoptions in the State of Nebraska. She has also served as Guardian ad Litem in adoption matters and provided substitute consent. Schmit Law Firm takes every precaution to guard against legal challenges which could threaten the validity of an adoptive placement. Moreover, Angela Schmit offers compassionate and trusting support during these family milestones.
Schmit Law Firm offers the following adoption services:
- Understanding of the legal requirements of adoption
- Collaboration with adoption agencies
- Determination of jurisdiction
- Information regarding home studies and background checks
- Exercise of due diligence for identification and notification
- Legal counsel regarding relinquishment and consent
- Finalization and filing of court pleadings
- Representation at court proceedings
- Explanation of open versus closed adoptions
- Guardian ad litem substitute consent
Whether you are an adoptive parent or a birth parent, the legal complexities of the adoption process can be overwhelming and confusing. Please do not hesitate to contact Schmit Law Firm to understand your legal rights and protect the best interests of the child.