Labor & Employment Law
Schmit Law Firm provides legal counsel and representation to public and private sector employers and employees navigating complex labor relations and employment law issues. Angela Schmit advises business and human resource professionals of their rights and obligations under federal, state and local laws and regulations. Representation is customized to assist clients with establishing best practices and strategies that avoid litigation and establish a sound legal position in the event a claim should occur. Angela Schmit is an experienced civil litigator prepared to negotiate skillfully on your behalf or provide zealous representation in court, if necessary.
Schmit Law Firm offers a full range of labor and employment services, including:
- Reviewing and developing employee handbooks and employment policies
- Reviewing human resource procedures, such as hiring and firing
- Conducting internal personnel investigations
- Providing guidance pre- and post- adverse employment action
- Preparing and negotiating employment contracts and separation/severance agreements
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements and handling union grievances
- Representing clients before administrative agencies, including the CIR, EEOC/NEOC, DOL and OSHA
- Litigating federal Title VII, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA and state law claims
- Providing workplace training
Whether you are a business owner, manager, human resource professional or an employee of an organization, you will undoubtedly be confronted with labor and employment issues demanding compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
When you have questions and need advice, contact Schmit Law Firm to protect your interests. CLICK HERE to schedule an initial consultation with attorney Angela Schmit.
Angela Schmit is also available to speak to your organization and provide training on a variety of employment-related topics. Please contact Schmit Law Firm at (402) 979-6077 to reserve a date for your next event.